Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 81/365
Last nights pic. I made
Tiff come outside to play with sparklers.
Not the best pics but you get that sometimes.
Looking at that, no wonder the girls
were a bit scared to hold them the first time we used them.
Those sparks look scary.
**************************************************
Day 82/365
I have done it again, taken way too many photos,
and now I don't know which one to use.
So I will just show you all of them.
I noticed a family of 3 Red Tailed Black Cockatoo's
this morning when I was on my way to work.
Of course I had to stop to take a photo or two,
and yes I was extremely late getting to the shop.
I really was pretty close to them, like about 5 feet maybe,
they were so busy eating that they pretty much ignored me.
This photo looks like he is being really cheeky playing
boo with me or something.
I think they were having fun with me too,
they kept spitting the chewed up remains of what
they were eating at me. I would have said they were
dropping them but I was not standing directly under them.

I tried to take a photo of their beautiful tails,
this is the closest I got, they really are gorgeous.
Not that common around here, so I had to make
the most of this opportunity.

This is what they were eating, front of pic,
and what they looked like when they were finished,
pulverised mess at the back.

A bit of a naughty pic.
This one is for Shaz, I took this photo
sometime last year, the plant only flowers
like this once every few years.
It is some sort of philodendron.
According to the Nursery man I talked to,
I was supposed to take it in hand,
and give it a good rub up to pollinate it.
No thanks, I decided to pass on that particular 'pleasure'.

That's it from me for the night.
If the shop is as busy tomorrow as it was
today it should be a good day.

1 comment:

CreativeMe68 said...

Awww a photo just for me..thanks Sue!
Can you really see somebody doing that to a plant!!! Not this black duck!!

Love the photos of the black cockatoos...I have some to share too!
There must have been hundreds of them, so of course I had to stop too but mine are not that upclose!
Thanks for sharing....Hope you have another good day at the shop, Luv Shaz xoxo