Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 111/365
Happy Mothers Day to all
those Mum's and Grandmothers out there.
I thought there would be lots of signs around
town promoting Mothers Day.
The only things I found were the
Darrell Lea display at the papershop.
This is actually a photo of what would go into
the Mum's Bag, it looks so real.
And of course the usual array 0f cards
I worked today, and thought it would be quiet,
so thought that I would get lots of scrapping done,
how wrong was I, heaps of people came in,
unfortunately they were mostly tire kickers,
and were only looking.
I did manage to play with chipboard and
flowers and things to make this little
sign, nothing is stuck there, I just threw it
at the paper to take the photo.
Looks pretty impressive though.
Since I worked today, Mark and Tiff cooked dinner,
they thought they would make my favourite
meal of Sausage Creole, would have been lovely
if Mark knew how to read a recipe.
I know it is the thought that counts, but he
really can destroy a good meal sometimes, Lol.
He was also given these stinking fungus
heaps today, so he decided to cook them
while we were trying to eat, dirty stinking
things, the smell was so disgusting that
nobody could eat and enjoy their meal anyway.
As you can see in the photos the girls
had trouble even holding them without hurling.



Here is the recipe for Sausage Creole
the way it is supposed to be made.
Sausage Creole.
1/2 kg thin snags
1 Tbsp oil
1 sliced onion
1 carrot cut into straws
1 green pepper diced
1 pkt thick veg soup
1 pint water
1/2 cup tomato sauce
Simmer snags in boiling water, cool and
cut into 1 inch pieces.
Melt oil in saucepan, add onion, carrot and
pepper, fry 3 mins.
Add soup mix, water and tomato sauce,
stir until boiling. Add snags, simmer until sauce
thickens, about 1/2 hour.
Serve with rice or vegies.
I would have enjoyed my meal so much more
if it was made properly. I am the fussiest
person around I am sure.
Anyway that is it for tonight, enjoy what is
left of Mothers Day, and I will
check in again tomorrow.

1 comment:

CreativeMe68 said...

Hope you Mother's Day was great!!! Lovely and pink things for Mother's Day! So nice that you had tea cooked for you, and I love what you produced today at work! Those mushies are huge!! And thanks for sharing the recipe with us...Luv Shaz xoxo